Do you love writing?
Are you interested in international relations and the UN?
Do you have excellent English skills?
Are you passionate about education?
Do you want to earn some extra money?
If you answered yes to those questions, then we are looking for you!
The World Federation of United Nations Associations is partnering with the World Health Organization to organize a virtual Global Model WHO from 10-19 February 2023. The simulations of the World Health Assembly will be led by the WFUNA International Model United Nations (WIMUN). The Global Model WHO will offer the most accurate simulation of the World Health Assembly.
WIMUN prides itself in offering high level content and resources to participants to help them prepare adequately for their role as diplomats during the different simulations. Not only does WIMUN provide online training sessions before our conferences, but we also provide background guides (that will be called either Director-General or World Health Organization Reports) that will be reviewed by WHO experts on the different agenda items that will be discussed at Global Model WHO.
In order to ensure that the DG or WHO Reports are of the highest possible quality, we are looking for motivated individuals to join our newly created Content Writing Team!
The Global Model WHO Content Writing Team will be responsible for researching, writing, and editing all Reports.
- Research, write, and format ~2000 word DG or WHO Reports on the agenda items that will be debated during the conference. The list of agenda items can be found here.
- Edit and revise your draft report after feedback is received from WHO staff
Requirements and Eligibility
- Must be currently enrolled or have recently graduated from university. Current university students are preferred.
- Excellent English writing proficiency.
- Good Microsoft Word skills.
- Access to a computer or laptop with Microsoft Word.
- Must be detail oriented, motivated, and dependable.
- Keen interest in the United Nations, international relations, and education.
- While prior experience with Model UN and WIMUN, in particular, is desirable but not mandatory.
- Opportunity to contribute to a large international education activity.
- $50 remuneration per completed report written from scratch.
- Being part of the team is 100% remote and can be done from the comfort of your home.
Please apply here by Sunday, 2 December, 23:59 EST. Please review the responsibilities, eligibility, and benefits carefully before applying. Questions about the positions can be directed to email@example.com.